Lodge Oak No.877
On Saturday 16 September 2023, Lodge Oak No.877 celebrated 125-years of Freemasonry with a rededication ceremony, which was conducted by the Provincial Grand Lodge of Fife and Kinross.
The Lodge was opened and Right Worshipful Master Brother Fraser Machray warmly welcomed the deputation from Provincial Grand Lodge, headed by Provincial Grand Master Bill Rocks into the Lodge.
Provincial Grand Lodge then commenced the rededication ceremony, which was carried out in an exemplary fashion by the Provincial Grand Master, assisted by the Provincial Grand Wardens Brother William Somerville Senior Provincial Grand Warden and Brother Tom Cunningham, Junior Provincial Grand Warden, Provincial Grand Director of Ceremonies Brother Alex Cuthbert and Provincial Grand Chaplain (Brother Andrew Paterson Past Provincial Grand Master and Past Master of Lodge Oak No.877 acting), Depute Provincial Grand Master Brother Lawrence Cooper, then proceeded to dedicate the masters new regalia of office, which he then placed on the Master.
The Provincial Grand Master then consecrated a new set of Mauls or Gavels, which had been presented to the Lodge by Brother Ian Cockburn Past Master to mark the 125-years of the Lodge and expertly crafted by Brother John Heron Past Master of Lodge Earl Haig No.1260.
Brother Gordon Keatings Immediate Past Master, gave a short history of Lodge Oak No.877, highlighting some of the past achievements and distinguished brethren of the Lodge.
A celebratory dinner followed the ceremony with the usual toasts and a copy of the new Lodge coat of arms presented to the Master by Brother Andrew Paterson Past Master.
Photographs provided by Brother Mike McAdams Substitute Provincial Grand Master.